users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.1 can't display admin console on Windows 7 64-bit

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:55:05 -0500 (CDT)

 I'm working on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit running JDK 1.6.0_27 32-bit. When I
start glassfish and try to go to the admin page I get the splash screen and
the URL changes to j_security_check but then hangs.This happens with 3.1 and
3.1.1.  Version 3.0.1 works, however.  Version 3.1 works on Linux.  This
seems to be a Windows 7 issue.  I have the stupid windows firewall and UAC
turned off and I've disabled my virus scan software too.

One time I did get a credential error as in this question:

Glassfish 3.1 CREDENTIAL_ERROR in Eclipse [1]

It doesn't even seem to get to this point any longer. Has anyone else seen
this?

I can get to the splash page at port 8080 with no problem. It's the admin
console I can't get to. I get this exception in the .log, but it doesn't
indicate what the problem is:

com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: java.net.SocketException:
Connection reset at
com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler.handle(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:131)

Has anyone else seen this?

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6939570/glassfish-3-1-credential-error-in-eclipse

--
[Message sent by forum member 'dwschulze']