users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 2.1.1 and OpenMQ conventional cluster

From: Amy Kang <amy.kang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 19:37:42 -0700

On 09/13/2011 04:30 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure Glassfish 2.1.1 with remote clustered JMS
> hosts...
> but can't figure out to make it work properly.
>
> The set up is:
>
> *an openMQ conventional cluster made of a master broker (aka broker1)
> and a
> slave broker (aka broker2)
> *several Glassfish 2.1.1 configured with the two jms hosts and
> "addresslist-behavior="priority" and "addresslist-iterations="-1"
>
> When we start Glassfish, it connects to the master broker: this is
> expected
> If we shutdown the master broker, Glassfish reconnect to the slave:
> this is
> expected
> If we restart the master, let it some time to resync with the slave...
> and
> shutdown the slave, the Glassfish servers won't reconnect to the
> master ...

What log messages does the server.log show when it can't reconnect ?
What type of component is your application running in GlassFish ? Do
you have 1 GlassFish server or 2 GlassFish servers ? if later, are the
2 GlassFish servers clustered ? Are the 2 brokers runninng EMBEDDED or
LOCAL or REMOTE modes (jms-service 'type' attribute in domain.xml)

> Is there some undocumented setting that we miss if we want to have our
> Glassfish to faill back to the master?

Could you please elaborate on "Glassfish reconnect to" ? How do you
confirm a successful "reconnect" ?

Amy