users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish REST Interface - monitoring/domain/server/jvm/memory

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 05:34:58 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi,

I'm seriously looking at the GlassFish REST monitoring interface at the
moment.
It seems as if the resources view does work and provide the right statistics.

Looking at the monitoring/domain/server/jvm memory statistics it seems as if
there is nothing understandable there.

If I connect via JConsole I see roughly 356MB used Heap Memory. The

asadmin get --monitor=true "*server*jvm*memory*usedheapsize*" --port 26058
shows:

server.jvm.memory.dotted-name = server.jvm.memory
server.jvm.memory.usedheapsize-count-count = *225252320*
server.jvm.memory.usedheapsize-count-description = Amount of used memory in
bytes
server.jvm.memory.usedheapsize-count-name = UsedHeapSize
That should be ~214MB, right?
According to the documentation (which is basically the same for 3.0 and 3.1
.. this should be the:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/ghmct.html#ablvm
ize of the heap currently in use.

What am I missing?

I tried this with: GF OSS 3.0.1 and even the latest 3.1.1 build happens to
show the same.

Thanks,

Markus

--