users@glassfish.java.net

EJB3 @Stateful is there any possible way to serialize the reference?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 10:42:51 -0500 (CDT)

@Stateful seems to be the bastard child of the EJB3 spec... Is there a way
to save a reference to a EJB3 @Stateful bean? This seems to be a gaping hole
in the EJB3 spec, if there purpose was to hold state between requests, how
would you hold that state if they logged in/out of a session?

I thought perhaps maybe I could use them to trasmit state around the
container, between apps, Timers, and even to MDBs. I wanted to have the user
initially create a @Stateful then begin doing work with it. I would save the
handle off to a database and let them log in later to complete their work.
The handle could then be passed to MDBs or Timers for massive offline
processing and the user could check the state of the request by logging in
again.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'exabrial']