users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Apache commons Logging classpath problem

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:54:05 -0500 (CDT)

Yes, I have tried it many different ways. The EAR is built with all of the
dependencies in a /lib/ directory inside the EAR and the JAR file of the EJBs
has it's MANIFEST configured with the Class-Path to look for dependencies
insid3e this /lib/ directory.  In an attempt to solve this problem I have
tried removing the Class-Path entry and tried moving all of the dependencies
out of the /lib/ directory and into the root / of the EAR So far nothing as
worked.  These EJB's use the JPA EntityManager implementation from Hibernate
and when GlassFish deploys the EAR and creates the EJBs the Hibernate code
runs and for some reason something is tring to create multiple instances of
the jakarta commons logging Log class and the deployment failed.  I tried
NOT including the Hibernate dependencies in the EAR but then when the EAR
deployes I get an error about the hibernate classes not being able to be
found.  So it seems no combination of dependency JAR file location,
dependency JAR inclusion/exclusion, or MANIFEST Class-Path value is
working.  I will be happy to try any combination you would like and report
back the results.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mjremijan']