users@glassfish.java.net

Bug?? Unable start freshly installed Glassfish from NetbeansIDE: "Cannot

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:26:10 -0500 (CDT)

I have downloaded NetbeansIDE 7.0 which comes together with glassfish. After
installing Netbeans, I tried to run the glasshfish server from Netbeans.
However this triggers an error:

ERROR: Cannot start JMX connector: JmxConnector config: { name = system,
Protocol = rmi_jrmp, Address = 0.0.0.0, Port = 8686, AcceptAll = false,
AuthRealmName = admin-realm, SecurityEnabled = false}:
java.net.MalformedURLException: Bad URL path:
_PC.btbdom01:8686/jndi/rmi://SIEMONEIT_PC.btbdom01:8686/jmxrmi
ERROR: java.net.MalformedURLException: Bad URL path:
_PC.btbdom01:8686/jndi/rmi://SIEMONEIT_PC.btbdom01:8686/jmxrmi
    at
javax.management.remote.JMXServiceURL.validate(JMXServiceURL.java:348)
    at
javax.management.remote.JMXServiceURL.<init>(JMXServiceURL.java:208)
    at
org.glassfish.admin.mbeanserver.RMIConnectorStarter.start(RMIConnectorStarter.java:288)
    at
org.glassfish.admin.mbeanserver.JMXStartupService$JMXConnectorsStarterThread.startConnector(JMXStartupService.java:243)
    at
org.glassfish.admin.mbeanserver.JMXStartupService$JMXConnectorsStarterThread.run(JMXStartupService.java:283)

The strange thing is: When I download the Netbeans-Packet and install it on
another computer, it works perfectly! No error. Moreover: I have dowloaded
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 11/g/R1 (11.1.1.7.3) which includes
glassfish. The same problem occurs also under eclipse. I'm unable to start
glassfish due to an error:

The Eclipse plugin cannot communicate with the GlassFish server, status is
:CREDENTIAL_ERROR
The Eclipse plugin cannot communicate with the GlassFish server.Status is
:CREDENTIAL_ERROR

I don't know, what's wrong with my computer. Can anyone help? My current
workaround ist to manually start the glassfishserver from the command-line
independently from the IDE. This works. But I am always unable to start it
directyl from the IDE, either Netbeans or Eclipse

--
[Message sent by forum member 'MaxMuster']