users@glassfish.java.net

updatetool bootstrapper fails to install

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 06:49:18 -0500 (CDT)

As I skipped installation of the updatetool when installing GlassFish, I
wanted to install it now.

But it cannot download from the server. This is strange, since neither a
proxy is needed, nor my web connection is broken, nor has GlassFish's Admin
GUI any problem to tell me that it found a later packager on the web...

Here is the output. Maybe this it is a bug in the tool?

Proxy: Using system proxy settings.
Install image: C:\glassfish3
Installing pkg packages.
Installing updatetool packages.
Input/output error: Read timed out

Could not download application packages. This could be because:
  - a proxy server is needed to access the internet. Please ensure that
    the system proxy server settings in your Internet Options control
panel
    (under Connections:LAN Settings) are correct, or set the HTTP_PROXY
    environment variable to the full URL of the proxy server.
  - the package server is down or otherwise inaccessible or it is
    generating invalid data. Please contact the provider of the package
    server.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mkarg']