users@glassfish.java.net

PNG/GIF icon for application client has bad quality

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:07:04 -0500 (CDT)

Dear all,

I've and enterprise application with client runned using jws. I've added an
icon to my application client, but after installing shortcuts, the desktop
icon looks really bad. It looks like there are problems with the scaling. The
same icon in JPG looks good. Does the PNG/GIF icon need any special settings
(resolution,...)? I've played with resolution, size,..., but nothing helped.
Or which image type should I use? (I need transparency support)

Splash screen in PNG looks good.

I've attached an image to show the difference between original png icon and
icon used for application client.

My env: Glassfish 3.1 b43, Netbeans 7, Windows 7, Java 1.6.0_26, Gimp 2.6.10
for creating the icons

Thank you

Michael

--