users@glassfish.java.net

IllegalAccess when using JNA in GFv3.1.1's ACC

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 09:03:33 -0500 (CDT)

We are migrating our EAR from GFv2ur2 to GFv3.1.1_b11. The EAR contains a
client application archive which is using JNA (http://jna.java.net/ [1]). JNA
comes as two JARs (jna.jar, platform.jar) which auto-install native
libraries "on the fly". When I try to use any JNA methods (e. g.
Advapi32Util.registryKeyExists) in the ACC, then it says:

IllegalAccess tried to access method com.sun.jna.Pointer.<init>(J)V from
class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.WinReg$HKEY
It seems as if either the auto-install of JNA fails silently in the ACC, or
the call needs some particular security settings?

Is there anybody who has a good idea how to deal with that (no, we cannot get
rid of JNA)?

Thanks; Markus.

[1] http://jna.java.net/

--