users@glassfish.java.net

Problems creating JDBC connection pool programmatically on Glassfish V3.1

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 02:55:17 -0500 (CDT)

I have been trying to programmatically create a JDBC connection pool in
Glassfish V3.1 using AMX. The code we used for Glassfish V2 does not work
under V3.1 and I can't seem to find any material that is helpful. Any
advise/hints/tips would be most welcome. I understand that there have been
changes in AMX for V3 and I've read the /GlassFish V3 AMX SPI/ [1] but that
still didn't resolve my problem.

The code that works under Glassfish V2 is:

AppserverConnectionSource appserver =
                    new
AppserverConnectionSource(AppserverConnectionSource.PROTOCOL_RMI,
GLASSFISH_HOSTNAME, GLASSFISH_JMX_PORT, GLASSFISH_USER, GLASSFISH_PASSWORD,
null);

DomainRoot domainRoot = appserver.getDomainRoot();

domainRoot.getDomainConfig().createJDBCConnectionPoolConfig(connPoolName,
"com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource", map);

But under Glassfish V3.1 this throws the following exception:

 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve
RMIServer stub: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
management/rmi-jmx-connector

[1]
http://glassfish.java.net/nonav/v3/admin/planning/V3Changes/V3_AMX_SPI.html

--
[Message sent by forum member 'lostvicking']