users@glassfish.java.net

HTTP session persistence problem

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 22:38:04 -0500 (CDT)

HTTP session persistence problem
Hello,
I am trying to upgrade from GF 3.0 to 3.1 (build 43).
Problem 1: HTTP sessions in 3.1 are not saved and restored on restart.
Problem 2: There seems to be a problem with virtual servers in both 3.0 and
3.1. There are deployment problems when there is one web application per
virtual server.
However, in 3.1 when there is one "ear" in one virtual server and one "war"
in another virtual server, I can deploy/redeploy OK. There is one problem
though (besides Problem 1) -- when I redeploy "ear", the HTTP sessions are
not restored despite the "keepSessions=true" setting.
Problem 3: When the applications are removed with the "undeploy" or GUI, the
server throws "java.lang.NullPointerException" and the server administration
GUI becomes unusable. The applications do get removed though.
Please let me know if these problems are no longer there in the latest builds
or if I should provide more information to get this resolved.
Thank you.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'javjav']