users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot install GFv3.1 on Win7

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 02:27:58 -0500 (CDT)

Call me silly, but I am unable to install GFv3.1 on Win7 (64 Bit, SP1,
de_DE)!

The graphical installer EXE hangs forever (hours!) at 41% when installing
including update tool (I know there is an issue open with that). If I uncheck
that option, it will install, but it cannot create a domain then
(IllegalArgumentException, see previous mail). Also, if I run asadmin
create-domain I will get IllegalArgumentException. I tried to install in
different locations like C:\glassfish3, C:\Program Files\glassfish3 and
C:\ProgramData\glassfish3, always the same result...

I am totally stuck! Please tell me how to make that installer finish its work
successfully!

Regards

Markus

--