users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HTTP Version on network listeners - Can't restrict to 1.0

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:36:36 -0500 (CDT)

I suppose I expected the "version" in the configuration of the HTTP listener
in the admin console to actually restrict the version - it defaults to
"HTTP/1.1", but it looks like this is just for informational purposes?
Because setting it to "HTTP/1.0" doesn't do anything.

The other way I tried to restrict the version was through the "Restricted
User Agents" configuration - adding a regex for MS clients "^.*MS Web
Services Client Protocol.*$"

But the client still connects with 1.1. That particular work-around I read in
a JBoss forum, so I wasn't necessarily suprised it didn't work in Glassfish.

Is anyone aware of a way to restrict either a particular soap client (or even
just the http listener) to use http 1.0?

Beyond this, has anyone seen this intermittent 505 issue with Glassfish and
.NET soap clients? I can't find any outstanding or closed Grizzly bugs
describing our situation therefore, the only thing I have to go on is .NET's
funky/wrong way of implementing expectations in HTTP 1.1.

We're using GF 3.0.1 and the client is .NET framework version 4.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'cgelinas']