users@glassfish.java.net

Need to commit nested JTA trnsactions regardless of outer-transaction result

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 17:11:41 -0500 (CDT)

We have a situation where a stateless session EJB begins a long-running
business transaction under the control of a bean-managed transaction.  As
part of the transaction, sometimes, another SLSB is called to perform an
extraneous transaction, as follows:

Transaction-A-Begin ... Sub-Transaction-B-Begin (Only sometimes based on
business logic) ... Commit Sub-Transaction-B-End ... Commit (or Rollback)
Transaction-A-End
If there's a problem with transaction A, it gets rolled back - and so does
transaction B.  While I realize this is normal transaction semantics, in
our case, we would like transaction B to remain committed regardless of the
outcome of transaction A.

I've been unable to discover from the JTA specs or Glassfish documentation if
this is possible.  Is it?  If so, how does one implement this? TIA.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'arshadnoor']