users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Exceptions when changing keystore.jks password in GlassFish

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 13:21:46 -0500 (CDT)

I was wrong about it working before on GlassFish 3.1-b43.  I checked the
server I was referring to and it is using the default password for the
keystore.jks and keys inside.

I did not know that the GlassFish master password is the same as the keystore
password.   Does that mean the master password is "changeit"  when I
extract the GlassFish zip bundle and use the provided domain1 instead of
creating a new domain?

A long time ago when I was trying to figure out how to tell GlassFish the new
password for the keystore, I found some blog or forum that gave me the
impression that the only/correct way to do it is by passing in a JVM option
in domain.xml.    I didn't like doing that, and I'm glad to know there is
a better way.    I will look into asadmin commands to learn how to change
the domain master password, then change the keystore password to match, and
see if it works.

Thanks,

Ryan

[quote=Kumar Jayanti Guest]It is surprising to note that it worked earlier on
a 3.1-b43 and now it does not. BTW what are you trying to do by setting
keyStorePassword in JVM options. It is neither required nor is it safe. If
you need to change the keystore password you need to instead change the
glassfish master password. regards, kumar [/quote]

--
[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante']