users@glassfish.java.net

JWS very slow

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 03:31:57 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I have created a small EAR application with a simple EJB module and a Java SE
client with NetBeans 7.0 and GlassFish 3.1. It is deployed on GlassFish and
the Java Web Start feature works well. But here's the problem: JWS downloads
a lot of libraries along with the client application (which is very simple
btw and uses a very simple EJB) and as such it takes a lot of time (about
50Mo of additional JAR files).

Next when I run the application it takes about 30s after the splash screen
has disappeared for the application to become visisble (it's a simple JFrame,
nothing more complicated). I guess the two problems are related but I'm stuck
with it and I can't afford that delay for the project I'm working on.

Thanks in advance for you help,

Marco

--
[Message sent by forum member 'NqbSkiL']