users@glassfish.java.net

asadmin compatibility issue with Glassfish v2.1.1 enterprise profile

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:19:47 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,

We are using Glassfish v2.1.1 set to an enterprise profile and using Mozilla
NSS libraries
(http://blogs.oracle.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/using_ssl_with_glassfish_v2
[1] and http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ [2]). We enable
FIPS mode using modutil
(https://developer.mozilla.org/en/NSS_reference/NSS_tools_%3A_modutil) since
the implementation requires FIPS 140-2 compliance.

Once FIPS mode is enabled, the asadmin utility does not function like
expected and our deployment scripts fail. The error returned is of the form -
"CLI171 Command deploy failed : Deployment of application failed - Remote
host closed connection during handshake". We looked for options and also
tried the "--secure" switch with asadmin to force SSL/TLS communication, but
found that ineffective.

Has anyone experienced this? Would there be an alternate/upgrade to asadmin
that can work with FIPS mode enabled?

Thanks,
Sourabh.

[1]
http://blogs.oracle.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/using_ssl_with_glassfish_v2
[2] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/

--
[Message sent by forum member 'sourabhpawar']