users@glassfish.java.net

Remote EJB Calls = Glassfish running out of heap space

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:56:48 -0500 (CDT)

We've been having an issue lately with Glassfish 3.0.1 running out of heap
space when making remote calls to a stateless EJB.  After about 25 calls the
application server comes to a crawl and will eventually throw an out of
memory exception.  To make sure it wasn't the work the EJB was doing I
stripped out all the code in the method so it does nothing and I pass in null
as a parameter from the remote client.  I run this in a loop and I still get
the exception even though the method isn't doing anything.  I have tried
adjusting the values for the EJB container in the admin console but nothing
seems to be working.  If I increase the heap size then I'm just delaying the
inevitable.  Has anyone run into the issue before?  If so, are there any
suggestions on how to resolve it?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'cain05']