users@glassfish.java.net

can't get embedded jsp compiler to see system classpath

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:57:48 -0500 (CDT)

I've been banging my head on this roadblock all night, going crazy -- running
embedded glassfish in our application, and it's generally working fine,
*except* jsp's that reference our code won't compile -- the jsp classloader
isn't seeing anything in the system classpath.

I know that's what's going on, because I can create a jsp that does
Class.forName(x) and it loads one of our classes fine, but as soon as in that
same jsp I reference x directly, it fails with a jsp compiler error (package
/ class not found).

I'm dynamically deploying war files and scattered archives, both have the
same problem.

using setConfigFileURI to set custom domain.xml, and copying in other config
files like default-web.xml before doing bootstrap.newGlassFish() and start().

Have tried fork=false, development=false in default-web.xml that I copy in.

Is there any way to make the jsp classloader be the system classloader, or to
have it use the classpath of the jvm it's embedded in ?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'kdwinton']