users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Need help for glassfish 3.1 clustering

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:51:27 -0400

On 6/22/11 11:10 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> hi bbissett,
>
> I am getting loopback message from both servers, SRVR3 and SRVR4. And am
> running the multicast check same time...
>
> When I check in the SRVR4 with tcpdump command, it shows packets
> recevied.
>
> And I am able to ping both servers with ping command from each other.
> Will
> that be sufficient for knowing the subnet relevant question. More on
> this, I
> will check with
>
> network team. Both servers are under same firewall.

Yes, you'll have to check with the network team to make sure both
machines are on the same subnet and that the routers/switches allow UDP
traffic. Networks setups are all different, so I can't help any more
than to say that both machines seem to be doing the right thing --
they're just not seeing each other.

> When I check the log, am able to see logs with this,
>
> *"discarded damaged multicast , magic number is not valid".*

This is the GlassFish server log? Since you're running the tool and the
server at the same time, using the same multicast info, GlassFish is
receiving these messages that it doesn't understand. I'd recommend not
running the tool and the server at the same time, but it doesn't
actually hurt anything (except in earlier versions of the tool that
failed with unexpected info, but I think you already saw that).

Cheers,
Bobby