users@glassfish.java.net

(no subject)

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:00:37 -0400

"JSF will never render 100% valid XHTML 1.1.
JSF is on paper specified to render XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
If you want
XHTML 1.1, you need to create/extend/override a custom XHTML 1.1
renderer for components which need it (HtmlForm and so on).
Or just use a HTML5 doctype"

so the proper way to handle is to create a custom renderer
another somewhat more brute force method is to map all XHTML 1.1 entities into HTML entities

here is the spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/

Happy Rendering!
Martin --