users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HttpsURLConnection fails in web container

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:42:23 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, thanks to your help I seem to have resolved the issue. After plucking up
the courage to go through the debug output, I could see that the difference
between the java SE and glassfish server runs was that the server was sending
the s1as self-signed certificate, and this was causing the problem at the
paypal end, possibly. In the end I removed this line from my domain.xml, and
now it works:
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.enterprise.security.httpsOutboundKeyAlias=s1as</jvm-options>
  Presumably in a production environment I'll have a proper certificate and
there should be no issue.   Regards, Brendan.   p.s. After the forum
software changes this weekend I had to delete my temporary internet file
before I was able to post anything in internet explorer 8. The last time this
happened it took me about 2 weeks before I realised that this was necessary,
I had just thought that the forums were out of action.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'oversteer']