users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ejb connection is hold on glassfish 3.1 deploy on Linux ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 08:12:39 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi xuantoan2510,

I've been following this topic closely for 1,5 week now, since I *WAS*
experiencing *exactly* what you described.
- Windows servers, deploy application, connect with a client from another
machine & works.
- Deploy on linux server and connect with another machine, fails miserably!
(hangs in the cloud, not responding at all)

I saw also your other thread:
http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/iiop-listeners-ipv4-linux
and I guess you almost found what you were looking for. This is a network
issue. However, I'm not really that familiair anymore with CentOS. My best
guess, knowing what I know now, is that it suffers from the same network
issue as the debian based variants. (it's not a bug though, it's an
improvement of linux systems in general, which fails miserable with
glassfish)

My solution was this:
http://www.mentby.com/Group/glassfish-users/remote-server-bean-call.html (
search for 127.0.1.1 )

I removed it from my /etc/hosts & restarted my network servers. Restarted
glassfish & connected with a remote client and it worked!
Though we could argue that this is an OS anomaly, there is this parameter in
glassfish that *explicitly* allows you to configure your IIOP listener (on
interface/address hostname + port). However, somehow it doesn't seem to
respect this setting.

Please check if you have 127.0.1.1 in your hosts file, remove/comment out
that line and let me (us) know whether it worked for you. This should be
reported @ Glassfish Jira.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'BoomSie']