users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Anyone using Primefaces with Glassfish ? - 55 deploys of Bas

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 00:36:31 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Xavier

Thanks, setting up my perm gen does help, but it just delays the final
result.

> Sorry I misunderstud, I though you mean in development enviroment, in
> production this should not happen, never.

This is also the thing, it happens in production if you hot deploy.

If 55 deploys of a empty PrimeFaces project breaks, then add a few JARs and
this will drop to about 20 deploys +-.

Increaing the perm gen will just delay the issue.

I hot deploy in production quite a bit, and if I hit this issue I have to log
a ticket with the sysadmins to kill -9 java (Max Perm gen issues cause Java
to freeze, kill java does not work)

This looks very bad and the sys admin does not talk to me for days.

As a temp fix, he restarts glassfish every week. (not nice at all)

regards

Richard.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'rjdkolb']