users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 2.1.1 publishing in Eclipse 3.6R2

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:56:05 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

Today I've visited several forums and tried several solutions, but was
unsuccesfull. Please help.
The goal is to deploy from within the Eclipse 3.6 Release 2 IDE to a locally
installed Glassfish 2.1.1 AS.
I do not want to use an embedded Glassfish AS since I'm restricted to 2.1.1
and it's configurations.
I'm behind a corporate network, so I have configured a proxy for http/https.

So far I managed to start & stop the glassfish instance (restart fails due to
timing) using the Oracle Glassfish Adapter.
However a publish action for a webapp (add) in the IDE does absolutely
nothing. No logging from Eclipse nor Glassfish nor any action to deploy the
webapp.
So I'm only capable to use glassfish's web admin pages for deployment, while
having quite some webapps so this is lousy.

Eventually I tried the Glassfish Eclipse Plugin.
This plugin was supposed to be compatible with Eclipse 3.6 and Glassfish 2 &
3.
Never-the-less, this only added a embedded AS and no improvement on a
locally installed AS.

Currently this is driving me nuts, has anybody any clue on how to get the
desired functionality operational?

Many thanx

--
[Message sent by forum member 'pimdo']