users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hosting Glassfish in Equinox

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 21:59:13 +0530

On Tuesday 03 May 2011 07:26 PM, Azubuko Obele wrote:
> Thanks Sahoo.
>
> Any help is appreciated. Right now I'm just investigating the
> possibility of glassfish+osgi for some hybrid apps. Another question:
> what's the purpose of the
> glassfish3\glassfish\osgi\equinox\configuration\config.ini file? Is
> this the preferred way to start Equinox when Glassfish is to be hosted
> inside Equinox?
No, that config.ini is used when standalone GlassFish is used to start
on Equinox instead of Felix. One cam just copy equinox jar to
osgi/equinox and then run something like:
GlassFish_Platform=Equinox asadmin start-domain
or
java -DGlassFish_Platform=Equinox -jar glassfish.jar

You can of course see how we configure Equinox by looking at that file
and use some of the settings like org.osgi.framework.parent in embedded
scenario as well.

Sahoo