users@glassfish.java.net

Filesystem bundle deployment in Glassfish v3

From: Nicolas Frankel <nicolas_at_frankel.ch>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:04:29 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to use the filesystem way (just drop the bundle) to deploy an
OSGi bundle in Glassfish v3. When I put the bundle in autodeploy/bundles/,
it doesn't work, no logs, nada, zip.

   - When I try the admin console or the telnet way, both works...
   - When I put the JAR in autodeploy, the logs tells me it cannot handle
   the file format

I've enabled the Apache Felix File Install (3.1.10) (it shows as started in
the OSGi Felix console). I've checked the
org.apache.felix.fileinstall-autodeploy-bundles.cfg file and the property
felix.fileinstall.dir: it read as
${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/autodeploy/bundles/ (default config).

I'm basically stuck and would be grateful for help from Glassfish/OSGi
experts.

Thanks!

Nicolas Fränkel