users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1 Admin GUI Crash

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:00:21 -0500 (CDT)

I am actually familiar with this particular error.  It is caused by the JDCB
Datasource being mis-configured.  I have delt with it before.  I intend to
fix the problem soon, but I do no believe that it is the root cause the Admin
GUI problem.  This assumption is based on the fact that this error was
occuring during test for the better part of the day (as I configured other
application and tried to chase down other issue), yet the Admin GUI was
available all that time.

In fact, the problem is caused by the fact that this particular application
uses SQLj (rather than JDBC or Hibernate, etc...) for connecting to DB2.
The setup of the DataSource for DB2 (using SQLj) is different than for a
normal DB2 (using JDB)C.  Unfortunately, I have forgotten the magic and I
have to unearth my notes from the last time.

I intend to check this out soon (probably this evening), and will then know
for certain.

Mike Laris
mglaris_at_gmail.com

--