users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1 Admin GUI Crash

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:52:37 -0700

On 5/16/11 6:45 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having a fairly serious problem with Glassfish v3.1. I had written
> several application, underglassfish 3.0, and after upgrading to 3.1,
> all of
> them began experincing problems (even after updating the applications
> to use
> the new libraries, etc...). I have had difficulty in processing
> JSF applications (the ELResolvers do not appear to get invoked, and
> the "web
> page" that is sent back to the browser is the raw facelet XML, and the
> Managed beans are not being called).
Sounds like you have issue with your JSF apps even without Admin GUI in
the picture, am i correct ?
Can you confirm that the issues remain even if you use the CLI command
to deploy your app ?
Admin GUI has been rewritten in the application deployment area for
3.1.1, where we changed the code to use REST API, that fixes several
issues related to JSF applications and Admin Console. You may want to
try using the latest promoted 3.1.1 build to see if that makes any
difference for you.
http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/glassfish/3.1.1/promoted/

thanks
Anissa.