users@glassfish.java.net

gf-client ignoring my -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost setting?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 02:42:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I have a Session Bean in an EAR on my GlassFish 3.1 I want to access from a
remote client.

So following the guide in EJB FAQ [1] I am calling the no-arg
InitialContext() constructor and then starting my java client with the
option:

-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost=xxx.yyy.zzz.www to set my server (used also
the IP-Address).

But it seems that the gf-client is ignoring this setting, if I start the
GlassFish server on localhost with my EAR deployed then the client accesses
the bean installed here.

Also, a simple: System.out.println( ctx.getEnvironment() );

gave me this output:

{java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialInitContextFactory,
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=com.sun.enterprise.naming,
java.naming.factoron.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl}

So no ORBInitialHost setting here...

Oh, and one more thing: I tried this setting: OpenEjb-standalone server with
my ejb and a tomcat+openejb on another machine and here it is working! (same
machines as with gf-client and Glassfish server)

Can anybody help here? Did anybody succeed in developing a client that
accesses ejb on Glassfish? All examples and tutorials I have seen have the
client on the same machine (for the sake of simplicity)

Thank you in advance

Regards

[1] http://glassfish.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html#StandaloneRemoteEJB

--
[Message sent by forum member 'MohamzJava']