users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Confirm DAS Failover Behavior

From: Chris Kasso <chris.kasso_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 16:54:25 -0700

On 05/12/11 09:29, Tom Mueller wrote:
> Before considering the comments below, please be aware that GlassFish
> does not currently support or document any failover scenarios for the
> DAS. So by doing this, you are experimenting with an unsupported
> configuration.

That is true for the shared storage approach described in the original
posting. We did test and document the scenario where a DAS is migrated
to a new host by using domain backups performed by the backup-domain
command (or automatic, scheduled backups supported via features
available in the Oracle GlassFish Server).

See:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/gglri.html#gglri

for the details of how to perform this migration.

Additionally, available in the Oracle GlassFish Server product we
provide the update-admin-server-coordinates command which can be used to
update the das.properties on the nodes in the cluster. If you are
using GlassFish Server Open Source Edition then this command will not be
available and you will have to manually update the das.properties on the
nodes impacted by the DAS location change.

Chris