users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Clustering with 2 nodes, session replication ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 03:20:40 -0500 (CDT)

 I may be misunderstanding what you are doing but you can configure the
Apache -> Tomcat connector to act as a form of 'Loadbalancer' . See
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/loadbalancers.html

Then you can point your browser at Apache and have it pass through requests
to host1 and host2. I'm not sure if this will enable session fail over as I
have downloaded the Oracle Glassfish to do my clustering tests and used their
'loadbalancer' plugin (BTW the HA guide gives instructions on plugging this
into Oracle's version of Apache - you might just be able to do it on a
vanilla version )

You might also care to look at

  http://weblogs.java.net/blog/amyroh/archive/2009/06/running_glassfi.html

  Out of date but interesting: