users@glassfish.java.net

Re: official publisher/repository for GF 3.0.1?

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 08:53:43 -0700

On 05/ 9/11 03:12 AM, thomas_at_randspringer.de wrote:
> Just to be sure: I have an old version from GF3.0.1 and want the latest software available
> for GF3.0.1
>
> because I suppose to get a bugfix for a certain problem.
>
> So I want update but not to 3.1.
>
> "pkg authority" gives me:
>

> PUBLISHER TYPE STATUS URI
> stable.glassfish.org (preferred) origin online http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/stable/
> contrib.glassfish.org origin online http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/contrib/
> contrib.glassfish.sun.com origin online http://pkg.sun.com/glassfish/v3/contrib/
> dev.glassfish.org origin online http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/dev/

Thomas,

In the stable repository there is only one version of 3.0.1. There
is no later version. If you have purchased GlassFish support then
you can download 3.0.1 updates from My Oracle Support (https://support.oracle.com/).
These updates are in the form of a repository you run locally as
mentioned by Alexis.

> And I have another problem: I like to use the graphical "updatetool". But a
>
> "pkg install updatetool" says:
>
> Creating Plan |
> pkg: The following pattern(s) did not match any packages in the current catalog.
> Try relaxing the pattern, refreshing and/or examining the catalogs:
> updatetool
>
> I'm on HPUX. Could this be the problem?

Yes. The updatetool GUI is not available on HPUX.

Joe