users@glassfish.java.net

Re: IOP00710311: (INTERNAL) Worker thread...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 11:22:28 -0500 (CDT)

I have reviewed this post and I do not see a final resolution.  I have
encountered the exact same error message, but the setup is somewhat
different.

I am using GF v2.1.1.  I have an application client (has the v2.1.1
appclient.jar created by appclient_package against GF 2.1.1).

I am using Java 1.6.0_17.

The path of my application is:   PC - Windows XP  (application using
appclient built from GF 2.1.1) --> server - Red Hat linux (GF 2.1.1 -
Message Queue) --> EJB (from Message Queue to database).

I was having a problem from SOME PCs that a
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Can't find SerialContextProvider
[Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:  vmcid: SUN mior code: 208
completed: Maybe].   Searching the forums I found the following solution:

Here is the solution for the FIFO situation.   It is actually a Glassfish
issue.   From the Glassfish Admin console take the following path:
(Down the left side)  Configuration >> ORB >> IIOP Listeners >>
orb-listener-1
When 'Edit IIOP Listener' is displayed change the Network Address from
'0.0.0.0' to the linux hostname.
Save this, then Glassfish will need to be restarted.
The problem is:

<quote>

In linux its hostname will be resolved at its loop address (127.0.0.x).

When a remote client tries to connect to Glassfish to its real network
address, Glassfish respond using its hostname, and its hostname its
internally resolved as 127.0.0.x, so Glassfish send its loop address to the
client so the connection could never succeed.

You need to change the '0.0.0.0' for its real network address (e.g.
192.168.1.25) or a host name that internally and externally resolves its real
network address.
</quote>

AFTER this solution was implemented for the first problem then GF started
spewing the error this thread is about.  If I back out the solution I will
loose messaging from some of my PCs.  If I leave the solution in my server
log fills up with errors.

What do I need to do to correct this or find the answers to correcting this?

Thank you.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'rdblaha1']