users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Incremental Development Process in NetBeans IDE 7.0 and GlassFish Server 3.1

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 10:00:34 +0200

Hi Unmesh

I must also mention that the deploy does not cause this all the time.
The FishCAT testing of GlassFish 3 had a lot of deploy testing

I Did 1000 deploys of the message-board-war war sample (apart of the Java EE
samples)
I did a garbage collection and then a screen dump from jconsole.
And here is the memory of Glassfish after the fact.

regards
Richard

On 4 May 2011 08:01, Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Unmesh
>
> On 3 May 2011 17:18, <forums_at_java.net> wrote:
>

>> I like to follow the agile incremental development process for developing
>> Java based web and enterprise applications by using NetBeans IDE 7.0 and
>> GlassFish Server 3.1. But I’ve encountered so many problems on this issue;
>> usually hang out problem, out of memory problem, etc. Is there any
>> effective
>> procedure in this regard? I usually use the following technologies – JSF
>> with Facelets, CDI, BeanValidation, EJB and JPA.
>>

> First off, I feel your pain.
> There is good news and bad news
>
> Bad news is that is usually happens in development. In my experience it
> happens in a few hours of dev.
> Here is the issue : http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-13053
>
> Good news is that it should not happen in production.
>
> The reason for the MaxPermGen (and I assume this is the issue) is that the
> application has a memory leak on the multiple deploy. The ClassLoader
> essentially leaks. Please have a look at the links in the issue.
>
> It would be really nice if NetBeans could detect this and suggest a
> restart.
>
> regards
> Richard

memory_java_ee6_messageboard.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: memory_java_ee6_messageboard.jpg)