users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Port 8080 Blocked - how to remove traces of glassfish

From: Dominik Dorn <dominik.dorn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 15:58:27 +0200

short answer: restart your computer, and it should be done

long answer: glassfish is still running and your operating system is
locking the files.
you need to kill the glassfish process so the file handles can be
closed and you can
bind tomcat to port 8080.

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 1:17 PM, <forums_at_java.net> wrote:
> I deleted the glassfish installation directory instead of uninstalling it.
>
> sudo rm -R path/to/glassfish3
> Now, when I install tomcat server to listen on port 8080, it produces a
> Glassfish v3 server error 404 page
>

> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'bvraghav']

Dominik Dorn
http://dominikdorn.com
http://twitter.com/domdorn
Skripten, Mitschriften, Lernunterlagen, etc. findest Du auf
http://www.studyguru.eu !