users@glassfish.java.net

Re: mod_jk and glassfish cluster

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 06:16:22 -0500 (CDT)

  Hello again,

  I tried your setup and it really makes difference :). Thank you! You
create the listener as system property for each instance and then bring it to
the cluster level.  I did try failover and now it works much better. However
there is a difference in the way browser requests are handled by the browser.

With my setup when you refresh the loadbalanced application with F5 you see
after each refresh the name of the application like this:

glassfishin01 (F5)

glassfishin02 (F5)

glassfishin01 (F5)

With this setup I whenever I hit F5 my request is server by this instance
only, which is due to the sticky_session I guess. However if I open a new
browser a couple of times in a row you can rarely see the other instance
showing. Do you the parameter that controls this behaviour?

With kind regards,

Todor

--
[Message sent by forum member 'windwalker78']