users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3 Error In SteadErr Drainer

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 03:56:22 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I'm getting this in one of our glassfish installations,

Exception in Thread "domain1-stderrdrainer" java.lang.Outofmemoryerror out of
heap space

It happens occassionally and when it does the system stops and we have to
restart the application server.

what does the stderrdrainer do? can this be realted to the large amount of
stack traces?

another thing is, is there anything that I could set to avoid this error?
glassfish version is 3.0.1

at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882) at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:100)
at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:390) at
java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:119) at
com.sun.enterprise.universal.process.ProcessStreamDrainerWorker.run(ProcessStreamDrainerWorker.java:75)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

What does the stderrdrainer drain btw? is it error logs ?

thanks a lot!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'grassbl8d2']