users@glassfish.java.net

Re: mod_jk and glassfish cluster

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 02:52:58 -0500 (CDT)

      Hello Arun,

[quote=arungupta]Detailed instructions for setting up mod_jk with GlassFish
3.1 are available at:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/gfaad.html -Arun
On 4/26/11 11:42 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote: > Anybody with experience on
mod_jk and glassfish? > > > -- > > [Message sent by forum member
'windwalker78'] > > View Post: http://forums.java.net/node/795589 > > --
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta Twitter:
http://twitter.com/arungupta[/quote]

Thanks for the link. However the official documentationi is not much Cluster
(DAS managed) oriented I need a little help if possible. Thank you in
advance:

1. About the network listener

I used: asadmin create-network-listener --protocol http-listener-1
--listenerport 28009 --jkenabled true --target cluster1-config jk-connector

The documentation says:  create-http-listener --listenerport 8009
--listeneraddress 0.0.0.0 --defaultvs server MYLISTENER

set
server-config.network-config.network-listeners.network-listener.jk-connector.jk-configuration-file=domain-dir/config/glassfish-jk.properties

however I do not use jk.properties file. I am referencing it in jk.conf which
is addressed by httpd.conf

How should this look like in my case if I stick to the origianl dos?

2. In order to support sticky_session I have to use jvmRoute

I double checked the documentation and it says I should enable -DjvmRoute
like this on every instance, but I am using cluster again:

This command returns error on every instance. Is this the correct syntax in
my case:

create-system-properties --target inst1 AJP_INSTANCE_NAME=worker1

create-system-properties --target inst2 AJP_INSTANCE_NAME=worker2

create-jvm-options --target cluster1 "-DjvmRoute=${AJP_INSTANCE_NAME}"

With kind regards,

Todor

create-jvm-options "-DjvmRoute=//instance-worker-name/"/

create-network-listener --protocol http-listener-1 *--listenerport 8009
--jkenabled true jk-connector*

--
[Message sent by forum member 'windwalker78']