users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v2.1.1, JPA2 and JASIG CAS

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 03:34:48 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I managed to install JASIG CAS (3.4.8) on GFv2.1.1 server. CAS requires
JPA2, so I had to make some GF customizations. I have:

- removed toplink-essentials libraries from gf_intall_root/lib that are JPA1
compatible

- added jpa2-api lib to gf_install_root/lib and in domain.xml in
classpath-prefix to make domain load it

- changed deploy-xml-validation to "parsing" to avoid deployment error
when veryfing persistence.xml with version=2

CAS war depends on hibernate-core-3.6.0.Final.

Has someone similar expiriences with such configurations (in production
environment) and could confirm that it will work? What problems can occur
during further applications development?

I am aware that all applications installed in that server that use
jpa must be jpa2 compatible and contain jpa2 implementation libs.

Regards

Marcin Kwapisz

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mkwapisz']