users@glassfish.java.net

[ADMIN] JSF Logo Contest

From: Ed Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:13:01 -0700

http://www.java.net/blog/edburns/archive/2011/04/19/jsf-logo-contest-win-free-book

No, I'm not talking about implementing a Logo JSF RenderKit. I'm talking
about a little image that can be used to represent the JSF specification
on slides, web-sites, T-Shirts and such. JSF has been around for ten
years now and still doesn't have a logo. As Dan Allen has repeatedly
said, it's past time for that to change. This blog entry announces a
contest to make a logo for JSF. The winner of the contest will get a
free signed copy of my book, "Secrets of the Rockstar Programmers", if
they want it. International submissions may have to help with shipping,
depending on how expensive it is for me to ship the book to them. I wish
I had a more compelling prize, but that's the best I can do.

The reason JSF does not have a logo thus far is that corporations treat
logos as IP that must be protected, and that implies legal
consequences. As such, the winner must submit a signed Oracle
Contributor Agreement per the instructions in the FAQ.

Please submit your entries by attaching them to JIRA issue
<http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-980>. The
contest closes on 29 April 2010 at 12:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
(GMT-5), at which point I will look at the submissions and pick the
winner.