users@glassfish.java.net

How to have a better configuration in GF+IDE? not so slow to deploy/redeploy

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:43:07 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I had used GF3.0.1 + NB6.9.1. And now I am using GF3.1 + NB7.0 RC2.

All of them are so slow to load the webapp.

At each load of the webapp, GF reprocesses the "*Binding Named query...*" and
I have many named queries to check. Is there a way to configure GF for "no
named queries checking"? This could accelerate the deploy of the webapp.

Other problem with GF3.1, that there wasn't in GF3.0.1 is the message error
"java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid resource : { ResourceInfo :
(jndiName=java:app/jdbc/sitesat2-ds__pm), (applicationName=sitesat2) } at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectorRuntime.lookupDataSourceInDAS(ConnectorRuntime.java:539)...".
If I try to run my webapp, I have to deploy two times, first gives this
error and second deploys fine!

More one problem is the "Exception while preparing the app : GC overhead
limit exceeded" when I deploy the webapp, then I change some Java code,
redeploy, and repeat this more than 3 times. This always occurs with any
version of GF and NB. If I increase Mx/Ms configs, I only have a chance to
redeploy some times more, not more than than 6 redeploy. Is there a way to
configure GF to clear all the memory used by the webapp and to have a better
heap managment?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'edilmar']