users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish will not respond to external requests, but will respond to LAN

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 07:50:06 -0500 (CDT)

 I have a linux server with glassfish v3 installed and running.  I can
reach the glassfish server by using http://10.10.1.56:8080 [1] without any
problems from a computer on my network.

The problem I am having is that when I try to reach the server from outside
using http://www [2]./domain-name/.com the server never responds, I basically
get a time out.

I made the IP address of my Windows laptop 10.10.1.56 and started Mongoose
(lightweight webserver).  I was able to reach the Mongoose server using
http://www [3]./domain-name/.com.  This tells me my firewall is routing the
port 80 request to 8080.  I then started the same installation of glassfish
on my windows laptop (I installed using the zip on a flash drive).  It works
by responding to web requests locally and externally.

What am I missing about Linux?  Any ideas??

Thanks,

Nick

[1] http://10.10.1.56:8080/
[2] http://www/
[3] http://www/

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nkovach']