users@glassfish.java.net

GF 3.01 Entity Cache refreshing?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 02:49:08 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

we have a serious problem with the entity caching of GlassFish 3.0.1. We want
to run multiple application servers on top of the same database.

Our Application uses JPA entities with an optimistic locking field of type
Timestamp.

After activating the entity cache GlassFish always uses cached instances
without checking the database for any changes. So one App-server

does not detect the changes of the others.

We have played around with the configuration properties "refreshOnlyIfNewer",
"alwaysRefresh" and "disableHits" without any progress.

Need help! Any hints anybody?

Thanks

Michael

--