users@glassfish.java.net

Re: upgrade problem

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:13:05 -0600

I'm not sure that this is the problem, but GlassFish 3.1 running in with
secure admin enabled requires a minimum JVM version of 1.6.0_22. I see
from your jvm.log file that you are running 1.6.0_20.

There was an SSL vulnerability that was fixed in _22. When running with
an older VM, the behavior of start-domain --secure is that it appears to
hang even though the DAS actually started, because start-domain cannot
establish a connection to the DAS to verify that it is up.

Tom