users@glassfish.java.net

Connecting a remote client to the GlassFish JMS service

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:32:22 -0500 (CDT)

  1) Is there any documentation available on connecting a remote client to the
     GlassFish 3 JMS service? I need to know how to get an InitialContext and
     what jars need to be linked in. The GlassFish Application Development
     Guide does not cover this topic and most web references seem to be for
     GlassFish 2/people doing this by trial and error.
  2) Can a remote client connect to the JMS service if it is in the EMBEDED
     mode? i.e. Is the network stack completely bypassed in this mode? Does
     that mean that for a remote client to connect to the JMS service it has
     to be in LOCAL (or less preffered for me REMOTE) mode?

Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nbhatia']