users@glassfish.java.net

Bizarre asadmin output on a Windows system

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 01:21:55 -0400

asadmin behaves VERY oddly sometimes on a Windows system.

Here's a cut-and-paste from a recent command line session I just performed
(this is batch file output):

C:\LEAD\bin>set AS_ADMIN_READTIMEOUT=500000

C:\LEAD\bin>call asadmin undeploy --cascade lead-1.0-SNAPSHOT
V3 cannot process this command at this time, please wait
Closest matching local and remote command(s):
    undeploy
Command undeploy failed.

I can't give you a test case, because this only happens sometimes. I have
the AS_ADMIN_READTIMEOUT set to work around
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-13009 and
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-13242.

The best I can tell you is that at the time Glassfish 3.1 final is running
as a service, as installed by the asadmin create-service command.

Can someone who is familiar with the asadmin code walk through it or just
cast an eye over it and see if maybe something obvious in the sequencing
could lead to this bizarre state of affairs?

Thanks,
Laird