users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploy to Specific Virtual Server in GF3.1

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 09:10:12 -0700

On 3/13/11 7:16 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:

> As an aside, I've also noticed that the GF 3.1 admin gui does not
> appear to
> allow you to change the virtual servers to which an app is deployed.
> In the
> app definition window, I've deselected all but one of the virtual
> servers,
> clicked save, but when the screen refreshes all virtual servers are again
> selected. Anyone else observe this behavior?
You are hitting this issue: http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-16048
The fix was not able to make it into 3.1. It will be available in the
next release.
The work around is to use CLI, as specified in the bug report:

We want to release note this to provide a workaround for user.
User will only see this issue when there is NO clusters or standalone
instances created in the domain.

- For the status of the application, always look at the applications
table that lists out the applications. The status is correctly displayed
there, and user can use this table to change the status as well.

- To change the virtual server for the deployed application, use the CLI
set command.

use the following CLI to see the info:

%asadmin get server.application-ref.<APPLICATION_NAME>.*

and set command to change the list of virtual servers for this application.

%asadmin set
server.application-ref.<APPLICATION_NAME>.virtual-servers=<list-of-vs-separated-by-comman>

example of get :
%asadmin get server.application-ref.hello

examples of set:
%asadmin set server.application-ref.hello.virtual-servers=server,myVS
or
%asadmin set server.application-ref.hello.virtual-servers=myVS

Or you can create a cluster without any instance. This will force the
UI to change, with that you can modify VS without any issue.

thanks
Anissa.