users@glassfish.java.net

Re: centralized logging control in galssfish, is this possible

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:54:03 -0600

Any log level that the system knows about can be managed from the admin
console via the Logging screen within the Configurations section.
However, to get a new log level added to the list, it is necessary to
run the "asadmin set-log-levels" command. For example, of the logger
used by your application is com.example.app1, then run:

asadmin set-log-levels com.example.app1=INFO

 From then on, the com.example.app1 log setting will show up on the
console and can be managed from there. If you have your application
deployed to a cluster, then using the --target option for set-log-levels
to set it for the appropriate cluster.

Tom