users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems using OSGi Administration Console in GlassFish 3.1

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 23:37:40 +0530

Hi,

In the final build of 3.1, we had to disable fileinstall bundle which is
responsible for autostarting bundles placed in modules/autostart as well
as autodeploy/bundles. So, you need to enable fileinstall bundle to get
the desired functionality. There is a system property called
org.glassfish.additionalOSGiBundlesToStart in domain.xml that contains a
list of additional bundles to be started by glassfish. One has to add
org.apache.felix.fileinstall there. Here are a few ways to do it:

Option #1: You can delete the property and create it again using
following asadmin commands:
asadmin delete-jvm-options --target server-config
-Dorg.glassfish.additionalOSGiBundlesToStart=org.apache.felix.shell,org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime,org.apache.felix.gogo.shell,org.apache.felix.gogo.command

asadmin create-jvm-options --target server-config
-Dorg.glassfish.additionalOSGiBundlesToStart=org.apache.felix.shell,org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime,org.apache.felix.gogo.shell,org.apache.felix.gogo.command,org.apache.felix.shell.remote,org.apache.felix.fileinstall

Option #2: You can use GlassFish Admin Console to edit the jvm-option.

Option #3: You can edit the domain.xml directly.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This has been fixed in trunk. If there is a
release off 3.1 branch, it will be fixed there as well.

Sahoo